Thursday, February 23, 2012

New Ready to Alter Journal



I have been seeing journals everywhere lately, and decided that I wanted to create something with a vintage feel. I just love the soft tones and contrast of all whites layered on top of one another.I pulled out all my whites and vintage lace, and just started layering. This was a fun project to create, because I got to pull out the sewing machine too!

I used an old book, and punched holes for rings. This makes the front and back cover. I then used the text page of the book as a background for my vintage lady image, and framed her with a torn vintage hankie,creating a frame and sewed the edges.


After my cover felt completed, I then added in some buttons,pearls, rhinestones,and metal elements. This step was fun because I got to do some hand sewing here to attach the metal key and Happy embellishment.




Handcut pages to fit inside, even a few coloringbook pages for fun! This journal is now ready to document your thoughts and your journey......
Until next time, Have a Beautiful Day!
~Susan xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment