Thursday, February 21, 2013

Potted Faeries

Hello again everyone! 

My first week of training had me feeling a bit overwhelmed, and excited at the same time. I have been blessed to have had several months of being wild and fancy-free. No set schedule, up late in the studio when the mood struck, and sleeping in if need be. Now... however that has changed. Set bedtime, and alarm clocks singing and ringing  in the new day. I know this is all good for me, however, I am adjusting to this all familiar old routine. lol! 

It is a great feeling though, to be back to working a "real" job. I still have my second job, which is my etsy shoppe, that of which, is creative and fun, and the best job of , being an "artist."  I'll get adjusted in a few weeks,I am certain of that.

I spent a few hours in the studio last night, and that felt soooo wonderful!

 I had gone in there, the day before, only to find myself tired, and a bit non- creative. So, I just did some reading, and looked through some old papers, and books, and enjoyed the feel of my space. I gave myself permission to be tired, and not feel guilty, after- all I am changing and with change, I would expect to be tired. Right?  

Anyways, I had a bunch of faerie stuff left on the work table, so I ended up doing some more potted faeries.

  I just love faeries!!!

Here are a few of them, that I finished up. They turned out so cute! I will try and get them listed in my shoppe this week.





I love the winter whites, and gold sprinkled magic, in this one!

Vintage millinery leaves, and velvet soft sparkling flowers were added. The white velvet flowers, were a gift from a friend, and they are so much prettier in real life. Gold sparkling acorns and mosses gathered from the old tree were added at the base, for nesting.




This little pixie, is really cute! Holding out her little dress, as if she is introducing herself to you!
Aqua feathered butterflies, and blue and yellow millinery flowers were sprinkled around the base, and I couldn't forget that little magic mushroom, that has sprouted out of her nest. I love the way this one turned out, super cute and whimsical.

I also love her little antenna's peeking out the top of her hat.

Well, that's it for today, hope you all have a wonderful week! 

Until next time...

Hugs.

~Susan  







No comments:

Post a Comment