Saturday, December 22, 2012

Happiest Time of the Year

Hello Lovelies! Hope your enjoying all the magic of the season. 4 days til Christmas! I can't believe how fast time has gone... I think I have been saying that ever since Halloween. lol!
 
But it's true, how fast it goes. My mother was right, the older you get, the faster it goes...
 
This year I have had such fun, moving at a much slower pace, than years past, and enjoying the small things. No rushing around, fighting crowds and all that. Simple. Simple pleasures.

This year I did a special art swap with 4 lovely talented artists, and it has meant so much to me. Something I will cherish forever deep in my heart. I set up at art tree so that I could display all the pretties that I received, and some of my own creations too...

 
It's a skinny artificial tree, and I love it's shape. The branches are strong enough, and perfect for
 holding all the love on it's branches!
 
 
This beauty was made for me by the talented Sharon Borsavage, I love the birdie and the rhinestones are such a special touch. At the base she did a nest of metal work and pearls, I sooo LOVE it!
Sharon is such an amazing artist, her jewelry is stunning, you can find her and her other work,  HERE
on her Etsy Shop.
 

And Mary Jane Chadbourne's little tree in a shaker is sooo adorable! A glittery magical display, I just LOVE it!!! Mary Jane's work is truly amazing! And she has an upcoming class too! Multi talented Ms. for sure! You can find her HERE


And the Beautiful Diana Darden, she's such a doll, and a master shrine maker. Not to mention an amazing artist! She made this bulldog ornie for me, "Merry and Bright". Sorry it's a little blurry, it's such a wonderful piece that I will surely treasure! So special and thoughtful.


And a Beautiful pennant she included was also a sheer delight! Her work is amazing, and you can find her amazing works HERE
 
And the amazingly talented Denise Phillips! Denise is a multi-talented artist, I first met Denise through her ATC swaps, and I have been smitten with her and her little furbaby son Mr. Oliver Howard, ever since. She's such a delight!  Her Etsy shop has something for everyone! You can find her HERE

 
Oh such FUN!!!
 
I have also been creating a few new pieces here and there...
 

 A shabby WISH banner...
 

I used various background papers and added velvet lace edged ribbons, flowers and buttons, and silver sparkling letters, centered on top of an accordion folded circle.
 
I edged the pennants in German glass glitter.
 
 
And fun winter white treat cones. I used french script writing papers, vintage gold doilies, and accordion centers.
 
 
 
 
I added a Frozen Charolette doll in the center. She has a rhinestone necklace and a crown fit for a queen. Vintage lace, and the word an-gel ic.
 


 
I added hand cut crepe paper at the top of the cone and vintage lace. This one measures 12". Perfect for filling with lots of goodies!
 
 

This little beauty is one of my new favorites! A hand blown tea pot ornament. I like to try and get at least one special one for myself each year if I can. This one is now #2 of my teapot ornies.
This was my Merry Christmas to me...
 
As if I haven't been blessed enough all ready, with all the the fabulous gifts I have received this year. I am ever so Thankful...
 
 
I hope you are enjoying your celebrations, and taking the time to cherish all the small things. They really are the most important things that we will remember...
 
Many Blessings to you and yours this Christmas Season.
 
Hugs,
 
~Susan Xo
 
 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog post Susan! A lovely tribute to all who participated in this wonderful ornament swap! Hope we do it again next year, it was so much fun! Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy & Healthy 2013! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Mary Jane! It was a really fun swap, I would love to do it again next year too. Merry Christmas to You, and a Happy and Bountiful New Year!!! Xo

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful ornaments! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Lynda! It was fun hunting all these up this year. Always up for a shopping trip! lol! Merry Christmas to you and a Very Happy New Years! Thank you for your visit:) Xo

      Delete